• Uncontested divorces
• Free legal consultation on simple family matters such as child support, allocation of parental responsibilities issues, and parenting time for low-income clients who cannot afford the services of an attorney
• Assistance in resolving issues after the entry of a divorce order
The purpose of the Help Desk is to help people represent themselves in court on simple family matters and to resolve issues after the entry of a divorce order, called a judgment of dissolution. Litigants should bring any relevant court documents with them.
Family Law Questions & Answer Sessions
- Who: Sponsored by the Chicago Legal Clinic free of charge
- When: Every Tuesday, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Room 1905, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Chicago, IL 60602
- What: Individual litigants submit questions anonymously which are then addressed in a group setting by volunteer attorneys. Topics can cover family law-divorce, paternity, allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting time, child support, domestic violence, court procedures, court rules, and Illinois law. Pencils and paper are provided.