22.1 Purpose and Policy
(A) These rules set forth procedures for the Domestic Violence Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County. They are a supplement to the Domestic Violence Act, the Civil No Contact Order Act, the Stalking No Contact Order Act, the Code of Civil Procedure, the Code of Criminal Procedure of 1963, and the Rules of the Illinois Supreme Court, and are designed to facilitate the adjudication of cases heard in the Domestic Violence Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County.
(B) These rules are designed to accomplish the following:
(1) effective judicial oversight of case planning;
(2) effective coordination of the decision-making processes in related cases;
(3) use of effective case management to minimize delays in court proceedings;
(4) effective monitoring of compliance with and enforcement of the terms of orders of
protection and civil no contact orders; and
(5) a full, fair, and meaningful opportunity for all participants to be heard.
(C) These rules shall be liberally construed to accomplish the above goals.
(D) References in these rules to statutes incorporate the statutes as they may be amended from time to time.