09-13 Re: Regarding Filing of Certain Adoption Cases Created by mcarroll on 7/22/2012 9:32:06 PM
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS
DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE AND CHILD PROTECTION
CHILD PROTECTION DIVISION
GENERAL ORDER 09-13
RE: REGARDING FILING OF CERTAIN ADOPTION CASES
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT,
Leave is granted to file petitions for adoption in the County Division for cases designated Qualified Adoption Cases;
For the purpose of this order “Qualified Adoption Cases” are those cases:
- Accepted by the Expedited Adoption Program of the Department of Children and Family Services and the Chicago Bar Foundation.
- Submitted to the Expedited Adoptions Program by the Probation Department, Abuse and Neglect Division, the Kinship Permanency Planning Project of the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Children and Family Services, or by the Department of Children and Family Services or its assigns; and
- In which the child has resided for a substantial period of time with an appropriate adoptive family; and
- An agent of the supervising agency as listed above in Paragraph 2 has recommended that it is in the best interest of the child that the contemplated adoption take place; and
- There is little likelihood of contest by the natural parent, as evidenced by a consent to adoption, surrender of custody and control of the child for purposes of adoption, death certificate, termination of parental rights, or the whereabouts of the parent(s) are unknown and have been for a substantial period; and
- All jurisdictional requirements of the County Division can be met.
This General Order supercedes Child Protection Division General Order 05-14.
This order is entered this date, March 19, 2009, and shall be spread of record and published.
Patricia M. Martin
Child Protection Division