09-33 Re: Mediation And Facilitation Created by mcarroll on 7/22/2012 9:55:36 PM
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS
DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE AND CHILD PROTECTION
CHILD PROTECTION DIVISION
GENERAL ORDER 09-33
RE: MEDIATION AND FACILITATION
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF COURT,
1. The Cook County Child Protection Mediation Program will now be known as the Cook County Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation Program.
2. All new cases shall be ordered to the Cook County Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation Program at the conclusion of the temporary custody hearing where at least one parent is present and where the Guardianship Administrator of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services or a private individual is appointed temporary custodian.
3. In the event that no parents appear for the initial temporary custody hearing, the case shall be ordered to the Cook County Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation Program at the conclusion of the first pre-adjudication hearing where at least one parent is present.
4. New cases may also be referred to the Cook County Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation Program when the court determines that it is in the child’s best interest that he or she remain in, or be returned to a parent’s care under an Order of Protection or a Continuance Under Supervision.
5. The above referenced cases shall be referred to the Cook County Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation program in the following manner:
a. Once the court determines the matter is appropriate for mediation pursuant this general order the court coordinator will page 312/689-2729 and enter the Calendar number and the phone extension for the courtroom. If courtroom personnel do not have access to an outside line, a call will be made to the program assistant at extension 5259. (Due to signal interference within the building, if a mediator does not respond to the page within 10 minutes, a call will be placed to the program assistant at extension 5259.)
b. If the hearing is concluded before a mediator arrives, all individuals who will be ordered to mediation should be asked to remain in the court anteroom until a mediator arrives. The court coordinator will distribute intake forms to all individuals being ordered to mediation.
This order is entered this date, November 2, 2009, and shall be spread of record and published.
Patricia M. Martin
Child Protection Division