12.17 Deposit and Withdrawal of Ward's Money-Termination of Small Estate

A petition to withdraw funds deposited or invested as provided in Section 24-21[755 ILCS 5/24-21] shall be presented in person by the parent, spouse, person standing in loco parentis or person having the responsibility or custody of the ward, unless personal presentation is excused by the court. The petitioner may be required to furnish evidence that the sums to be withdrawn or proceeds of sale or redemption are necessary for the ward's support, comfort, education or other benefits to the ward or the ward's dependents.

[Amended August 8, 1996, effective September 3, 1996.]

Copyright 2018 by Circuit Court of Cook County