12.19 Distribution to Official Representative of Foreign Country

The distributive share of a citizen and resident of a foreign country may be paid to the official representative of the foreign country who is entitled thereto pursuant to treaty or convention between that country and the United States in the following manner:

(a) the official representative shall present a petition for leave to receive distribution in a form prescribed by the court; and

(b) the official representative shall certify that the principal is a citizen and resident of the petitioner's country; and

(c) the official representative shall acknowledge receipt of the distributive share received from the representative. The representative shall file the receipt with the representative's voucher.

[Amended August 8, 1996, effective September 3, 1996.]

Copyright 2018 by Circuit Court of Cook County