21.02 Actions Eligible for Court-Annexed Mediation

(A) Referral by Judge or by Stipulation

The judge to whom a matter is assigned may order any contested civil matter pending in the General Chancery Division referred to mediation by entering the General Chancery Court-Annexed Mediation Order of Referral.  The Order of Referral may be entered by the court sua sponte, pursuant to motion, or by stipulation of the parties. The Order of Referral will include stipulations and the allocation of the mediation expenses subject to modification by agreement of the parties.

(B) Motion to Set Aside or Modify Order of Referral

No earlier than seven days after entry of the Order of Referral, a party may move to set aside or modify the order on good cause shown. The court will exercise its discretion in considering a motion to set aside or modify the order.

[Dated July 29, 2013, effective August 1, 2013.]

Copyright 2019 by Circuit Court of Cook County