Sixth Municipal District
16501 South Kedzie Parkway
Office of the Presiding Judge, 2nd Fl.
Markham, Illinois 60428
(312) 603-6673 TTY
(708) 232-4441 FAX
Honorable Tommy Brewer
Acting Presiding Judge
• orders of protection
• stalking/civil no contact orders
• eviction proceedings
• small claims
• misdemeanor criminal proceedings (including drug treatment court)
• felony preliminary hearings
• ordinance and traffic enforcement
• contract cases decided by alternative dispute resolution process
• civil suits for damages up to $100,000
• mandatory arbitration (less formal proceeding with three-member panel deciding case) in suits with damages of $30,000 or less
• name changes
• marriage and civil union court
*The following types of cases are also heard in the municipal district courthouses: felony criminal cases; domestic violence; domestic relations cases; juvenile justice cases; paternity and child support; and law division tort cases seeking damages in excess of $100,000.
Additionally, there are three specialty courts: drug court, veterans court and mental health court which hear felony cases.
The Sixth Municipal District does not hear the following cases: Child Protection, Foreclosure, Probate and Mechanics Liens.
Cook County Circuit Court
Sixth Municipal District's Mock Trial Competition
Friday, February 9, 2013
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, Illinois
For information call the Office of the Sixth Municipal District Presiding Judge at
Glossary of Legal Terms Illinois Supreme Court